Monday, 17 August 2026

Seychelles

Since my post about the bots on my blog, the count has surpassed 10K ‘pageviews’. I am learning the proper lingo as well. Apparently, no one is counting *visitors* anymore, they are counting pageviews by browsers, operating systems and locations. (Who are they? In my case, they happen to be Google!)

The few who know of my blog have been curious about the locations. Where are these pageviews from? It turns out that the top location is a country by the name of Seychelles. I had heard the name, and that was the extent of my knowledge. So, I decided to investigate. According to Wikipedia, Seychelles is a country in Africa with a population of 96, 762. It is a tiny nation in comparison to United States which is sitting in 2nd place in terms of the total number of pageviews.

I don’t know what to do with all this information. So, I have decided to do something that I have never ever done on my blog - provide links to pages from an external site. I discovered visitseychelles.org and I am happy to share links to the country’s geography and history. Maybe one day, I will visit this sweet little nation that caused quite the commotion and excitement on my blog.

Thank you, Seychelles! This is for you.

Geography

History

I am endorsing you.

Addendum:

I do not understand what is happening; however, less than 24 hours later, United States is currently sitting in 1st place and Seychelles has been dethroned. The number of pageviews for each country seem to have been “fixed” to reflect this new order! Wow!!

And I feel like I should stop paying this much attention to the bots. I do have better things to do. Having said that, this has been fascinating.


No comments:

Post a Comment