Many moons ago, I wrote about my dear friend Smoggie perhaps creating an autobot so my blog could have visitors from all over the world, and he
immediately dispelled that *myth*.
In the last 5 to 6 days, this blog has amassed around 3.77K visitors from all around the world. Although I’d like to believe they are real visitors, I was immediately reminded of the wise words shared by both Smoggie and Bambino nearly 10 years ago. It is the bots. I mentioned this to Hans, and he said something like what he said about the senior discount I received - Enjoy it! And yet, I am not enjoying it. It feels like an invasion.
A few minutes ago, I also mentioned it to Bambino in a phone conversation. He had something like this to say about it - Your book will be written by some bot before you get around to it! Then, we talked about Artificial intelligence for a while.
Although I laughed a bit about it, it still made me sad. I am happy to have 2 authentic readers than 3000 machines probing this blog for who knows what!
No comments:
Post a Comment