Sunday, 23 August 2026

We Are the Sum of Our Choices

Yesterday, I planned for 2 events - Hans’ send-off lunch and ASid’s 25th birthday dinner. ASid was not there for Hans’ lunch and Hans was not there for ASid’s dinner.

It is happening …

Almost 4 years ago, our once family of 4 went 3 separate ways. In less than a week, Hans is moving into residence, and we will be in 4 different locations. It will never be the same again. I can plan all I want to and not get the boys to be in the same place, at the same time. And that’s okay! Life happens!

This is the perfect time to share that I recently rewatched ‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ and it reaffirmed my belief that we are the sum of the choices we make. Each choice leads to a precise outcome. So, I hope the boys make the right choices that lead them to the right people. It is especially my fond hope for Hans who is leaving home to be on his own. 

On that note, I also want to quote from the movie; it is something a character, a daughter, tells her mother … “Small, stupid humans. It’s like our whole deal.” … that’s a profound statement on humanity. So, it is okay to make mistakes … as along as we are smart enough to learn from them!


No comments:

Post a Comment